Top 5 reasons to connect your business
Individual standby generators don’t provide enough electricity to benefit the grid. By aggregating energy from generators and supplying this energy precisely in energy market size parcels to the grid during period of peak demand, Velocity Energy provides generator owners with a unique opportunity to gain numerous benefits from their existing assets.
If your business owns a generator or generators, you can benefit, too. Here’s how:
1. Earn an income from your existing assets.
By allocating your generators’ unused electricity to Velocity Energy as available reserve supply for the grid, your existing assets – previously only a cost to your business - become a source of revenue. Your own energy needs aren’t affected as our technologically advanced, proven ‘Intellicon’ control system ensures your generators will meet your own requirements first, and only the unused excess will be supplied to the grid.
2. Increase the reliability of your emergency power supply.
Generators need monitoring and maintenance to ensure they are in reliable condition to provide energy when it’s needed. The generators in Velocity Energy’s Smart Grid power stations must be 100% dependable so electricity supply to the nation is not disrupted. Velocity Energy’s ’Intellicap’ reserve capacity dispatch system provides 24 hour real-time monitoring so problems are identified and addressed immediately. Velocity energy also undertakes regular, routine maintenance. You benefit from increased asset reliability.
3. Extend the life of your standby generator.
Velocity Energy’s ‘Intellicap’ reserve capacity dispatch system can routinely test the generators by regularly operating them for short periods of time on-load. This ‘exercise’ helps extend their lifespan.
4. Strengthen your ‘green’ credentials.
By helping Australia reduce its dependence on grid supplied energy during peak demand, you can help reduce the need for excess peak reserve capacity and can help reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. You can feel good about supporting a long term future for our environment and contributing to a low carbon economy.
5. Pro-actively limit long term increases in electricity prices.
As electricity demand continues to rise and government schemes are introduced to enforce carbon emission reduction, electricity costs continue to rise. By connecting your standby generators you can help reduce or defer capacity expansion and greenhouse gas emissions; you can help regulate long term electricity price increases for your business – and for the rest of Australia.
10 steps to get connected
All you have to do is let us know you’re interested in connecting your generators to earn an income, increase reliability and help Australia! We’ll do the rest. Here’s how it works:
1. We have an initial meeting to discuss the opportunity
2. You sign a non binding letter of interest
3. We conduct a site visit and audit
4. We advise you of any technical requirements
5. We prepare a business case
6. You sign an agreement to proceed
7. We install Velocity’s ‘Intellicap’ remote control interface (very small component)
8. We coordinate dispatch of reserve capacity when needed
9. You receive regular payments
10. We maintain regular site visits and reviews.