Top 5 ways Velocity Energy helps energy distributors
With energy demand increasing at 2% per year (AER, 2010) and peak demand exploding, it’s essential for Australian energy distributors to embrace a variety of new demand and supply solutions. The traditional solution of managing peak demand by building excess capacity is not economically or environmentally sustainable. Velocity Energy offers a practical solution which:
1. provides controllable, rapid and reliable reserve capacity;
2. reduces or defers investment in expensive new power plants, transmission lines and
distribution capabilities to meet peak demand;
3. increases network reliability with selective load shifting capability;
4. powers up more quickly than coal reserve power stations;
5. responds immediately to supply fluctuations from weather-dependent renewable energy sources.