How do Velocity Energy’s Smart Grid virtual power stations work?
Velocity Energy’s aggregated generator solutions work to help generator owners, energy retailers, energy distributors, and all of Australia. How?
- Velocity Energy provides end-to-end services to connect privately owned generators to the grid.
- Energy distributors pay Velocity Energy to manage and hold power in reserve.
- Velocity Energy shares the payments with the generator owners.
- Velocity Energy remotely monitors the generators 24/7, regularly runs them on-load to ensure they provide 100% reliable power and will also optionally maintain them.
- When the grid is experiencing peak demand, Velocity Energy remotely turns on the generators to provide immediate additional power.
- Velocity Energy provides a solution for coal power stations to reduce or defer investment in standby capacity as each megawatt of capacity connected through a Smart Grid virtual power station is a megawatt that does not have to be held in reserve.
- Velocity Energy provides a solution for weather-dependent renewable to manage supply as Smart Grid power stations can be turned up and down in immediate response to fluctuations in supply.